Pasta di Gragnano IGP
Pastificio Gentile, founded in 1876, is one of the oldest, artisanal pasta factories that significantly contributed to the city of Gragnano’s pasta reputation worldwide.
Gentile’s pasta is particularly popular because of the quality of the Italian durum wheat used and its special way of drying noodles called “Cirillo”, which preserves the aroma and the texture of the pasta. This method was conceived by the homonymous engineer from Torre Annunziata, Italy. It is based on the possibility of recreating the same phenomenon of natural drying inside the pasta factories, which exploited the heat of the sun and the force of the wind.
In 2010, Gragnano Pasta was granted the Indication of Geographic Protection (IGP) mark by the European Union. The IGP label acknowledges that the quality and the reputation of food is associated to the geographical characteristics of the specific region in which food is produced.
The land of Gragnano benefits from the warm and humid air coming from the sea, which is perfect for drying pasta slowly and delicately, making the Gentile’s pasta unique in taste and texture.
- Spaghetti 500g
- Spaghettini 500g
- Chitarra 500g
- Linguine 500g
- Organic Linguine 500g
- Trecce 500g
- Rigatoni 500g
- Paccheri Rigati 500g
- Conchiglioni 500g
- Riso di Semola 500g
- Pomodori Pelati al Naturale 580g
- Pomodorini Piennolo del Vesuvio 550g
- Pomodorini Gialli 550g
- Pomodori Secchi
- Carciofini Violetti di Schito
Our Latest Entries
- Ciao 2021 !With 2021 just being started, we want to send you our best wishes for a happy and healthy new year! Despite the pandemic is not ended yet, we have exciting plans for this year and hopefully we will introduce newContinue reading “Ciao 2021 !”
- Burrata SaladBurrata is a soft and fresh Italian cheese typical of the Apulia region, in Southern Italy. It is made of cow’s milk and fresh cream following traditional and handmade techniques. Thanks to its delicate and creamy flavor burrata is perfectContinue reading “Burrata Salad”
- Pasta alla NormaOriginally from the city of Catania, Pasta alla Norma is a traditional vegetarian pasta dish of the Sicilian cuisine, in Southern Italy. It is made of fried eggplants in rich tomato sauce, topped with basil leaves and sprinkled with gratedContinue reading “Pasta alla Norma”