Pasta di Gragnano IGP
Pastificio Gentile, founded in 1876, is one of the oldest, artisanal pasta factories that significantly contributed to the city of Gragnano’s pasta reputation worldwide.
Gentile’s pasta is particularly popular because of the quality of the Italian durum wheat used and its special way of drying noodles called “Cirillo”, which preserves the aroma and the texture of the pasta. This method was conceived by the homonymous engineer from Torre Annunziata, Italy. It is based on the possibility of recreating the same phenomenon of natural drying inside the pasta factories, which exploited the heat of the sun and the force of the wind.
In 2010, Gragnano Pasta was granted the Indication of Geographic Protection (IGP) mark by the European Union. The IGP label acknowledges that the quality and the reputation of food is associated to the geographical characteristics of the specific region in which food is produced.
The land of Gragnano benefits from the warm and humid air coming from the sea, which is perfect for drying pasta slowly and delicately, making the Gentile’s pasta unique in taste and texture.
- Spaghetti 500g
- Spaghettini 500g
- Chitarra 500g
- Linguine 500g
- Organic Linguine 500g
- Trecce 500g
- Rigatoni 500g
- Paccheri Rigati 500g
- Conchiglioni 500g
- Riso di Semola 500g
- Pomodori Pelati al Naturale 580g
- Pomodorini Piennolo del Vesuvio 550g
- Pomodorini Gialli 550g
- Pomodori Secchi
- Carciofini Violetti di Schito
Our Latest Entries
- Spaghetti with Organic Sauce: a simple and healthy dish for your lunch breakEvery day I am in search of the authentic taste of simple things, especially after a long morning at work I was craving a good and simple steaming pasta with a tasty but delicate flavor. Of course, I had no […]
- Groceries shopping during quarantineIn the middle of this pandemic, we know how hard it can be for foreigners during their quarantine to buy groceries in an easy and accessible way. Especially for new comers that are still not familiar with the local language […]
- A Salad with Tiny PeachesSpring and the nice weather are approaching and people are starting to enjoy the fresh air and the outdoors again. After a good running workout, what is better than having a light but nutrient salad rich in fibers, polyphenols, with […]